Global Settings Window
|Click on Utilities then global settings. The 1st tab
is the Chart tab. Use this tab to set default settings for any new chart
you create. Charts that have already been created will not be affected
by these settings. To change chart settings for charts that have already
been created select the 'chart options' button.
|The General tab will allow you to set default parameters for
- Deselect crosshair manually after use: when checked cross hair cursor
will remain until you choose another tool
- Deselect tools manually after use: when checked the current tool
selected will remain until a different tool icon is selected
- Scroll chart using left mouse button: when selected the user can
scroll through the chart by holding down the left mouse button while
moving the mouse to the left.
- Show symbols not descriptions: when checked the symbol will be listed
in the title bar of each chart instead of the symbol's description
- Show symbols button on charts: when selected a small icon in the lower
right hand corner of each chart labeled 'SY' will be displayed allowing
the user to quickly changed the symbol for the current chart
- Show time frames button on charts: when selected a small icon in the
lower right hand corner of each chart labeled 'TF' will be displayed
allowing the user to quickly changed the time frames for the current chart
- Show menu on drawing tools buttons: when checked right clicking on any
drawing tool drawn on a chart will bring up a pop up menu
- Draw box to insert text: when selected user must
draw a box from left to right on the chart where text is to be inserted
- Show tips: hovering the mouse cursor over a button will give you a
description of that button.
- Show price tag on charts: when checked the current price will be
displayed next to the live arrow.
|The Sound/Alarms tab allows setting the following
- Show the alarm in an individual window: when an alarm is triggered
notice of it will be displayed in a separate window.
- Show the alarm in the alarm list window: when an alarm is triggered
notice of it will be displayed in a window that contains all currently set
- Sound Alarm: when checked a sound will be played when an alarm is
triggered. Choose between the standard beep sound or a customized
- Real Time Tick Sound: when checked the computer's speaker will beep
each time a tick is received by the program. This can give the user a
sense of how active the market is.
|The Brokers tab allows the user to select a broker for order
entry. Only Preferred capital Markets and REDI are currently
supported. Otherwise, type in the your broker's order entry web page.
To go to this page select Utilities the broker page.
|Use the 'Ticks' tab to manage the size of your tick files.
As you change the 'max number of ticks per tick file' an estimate will be
given for the approximate size of each tick file and how much of you hard
drive will be used.
Copyright © 1996-2002 PAS
Astro-Soft,Inc. Last updated:
April 23, 2014
. All names mentioned in this
document are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective